Thursday, October 1, 2009

Remembering

I can't believe it's Oct 1 already. This date marks the due date of another life we had the privilege of celebrating 8 months ago. I have such mixed emotions about this loss in our life. All of the "what if's" start coming to mind. "If" we had been able to maintain this pregnancy we would not have the 3 children we have right now. I'm looking at my living room and I see 3 precious living lives the Lord has entrusted us with. Like our pregnancies, we don't know how long we will be able to love and care for these love bugs but we celebrate everyday we have with them. I know that God does not hold any good thing from His children and I trust in that.

I'm overwhelmed with gratitude for the blessing children are. I am able to parent and experience those blessings even though my body rejects life. How awesome is that! God is good, all the time.

2 comments:

Amy W said...

Elizabeth, thinking of you today. Sorry I didn't ask you yesterday how things were going. Scatterbrained day.

Ruthie Aguilera said...

Everything happened for a reason. You have three children that have been placed in your care as well as your husbands and that itself is a blessing.