Wednesday, July 9, 2008

0 to 3 in 30 seconds

I got a call yesterday morning from the family who I nannied for in AR. They have 3 kids, 3, 5, and 8. They were in town and needed a last minute babysitter. I hadn't seen the kids in 10 months so I was thrilled to keep them. We met the parents at a Subway to make the 'exchange'. When I got in the car I looked at the back seat to find 3 little faces starring at me. It was a little overwhelming to think that this could be reality soon...but hopefully they will come 1 at a time and not 3 at once. :) Chase and I decided to make the entire evening about spoiling them. We felt like grandparents...it was awesome!

We took them to McDonald's so they could play on the playground while Chase and I ate some o' so healthy dinner. Then we took the kids to the toy aisle of Wal-Mart! We told them they could pick ANY toy they wanted under $10. Their little eyes got HUGE when we said this! Their parents allow them to earn money so they knowthe value of $10...especially in the toy aisle. Granted, I haven't been down the toy aisle in quite some time but I was amazed at how much great stuff you can get for under $10. The boys got Indiana Jones and Star Wars figurines and the girl got a rather cute puppy who came in a purse. The dog looked remarkably like my mom's 4lb dog, Lucy.

After the Wal-Mart run, we took the kids to see Walle. It was unlike any other Pixar movie. It was not quite as humorous and very slow at the beginning. All in all we really enjoyed it. I won't say much because I don't want to spoil it for you if you haven't seen it. I would definitely recommend you see it in the theater because the animation was awesome!

No comments: