Monday, May 25, 2009

So far so good!

Well we never got a call saying tomorrow was off so so far everything is going as planned! We are suppose to get them tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know if/when it goes through. We installed 2 toddler car seats in our car this evening. We picked out girly bedding, got a few basics like tooth brushes, a toddle potty seat, hair clips.... I hope it goes through. I don't want to have to return things again.

We were walking through Target and hubby kept asking me if we need to get this and that. I finally looked at him and said, 'I think the only phrase that's going to come out of my mouth for a while is, 'i don't know." That's how I feel right now. I. Don't. Know. I don't know how to parent an infant, much less 2 little girls in 2 completely different stages in life who have had who-knows-what kind of trauma in their precious little lives. We've read some good books but I've never practiced any of this. Yesterday's message at Watermark was perfect for me in many ways. It was on the story of the 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread. We all know the story, but this time it went a little deeper. I don't know how to love these girls and how to meet their needs but the Lord does. I need to give Him my measly 2 fish and 5 loaves and let Him multiply it into exactly what these girls need.

"Lord help me give you what I see as so little and trust You to glorify Yourself in ways that I can't fathom right now. Help my unbelief."

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

true that sista. Praying for you guys today!

Jessica said...

Amen! I'm so excited for you!

Lord guide this couple so that You and You alone will use them to bring glory to Your Name! Amen!

Ally said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for yall! I used to nanny for a baby nicknamed Miss M! Good name. hehe.

If you have any questions or need any help, let me know! I have lots of experience w/ infant and toddler girls. They're so fun! (And easier than boys!)