Friday, June 5, 2009

Life in Toddler Land

The girls are down for a nap, and once again the house is quiet. I never thought I'd enjoy the quietness so much. It's really a beautiful thing. The apartment is a disaster but I think I'll just bask in the calmness right now rather than clean.

I took the girls to Boomerangs this morning for the Watermark Building Blocks Fun Friday. I had no idea that such places existed but it was really fun! It's an indoor bounce house extravaganza! I wish I could post pics of the girls but alas, I can't. Miss M thoroughly enjoyed herself, especially the bounce houses with slides. Miss Z on the other hand was a bit pretentious. I think she was a bit overwhelmed. It seems to take her a while to warm up to new things.

This morning the girls didn't get up until 7:3o! I was able to take a shower, blow dry my hair, put on a little makeup, and do a quiet time all before they got up....it was amazing!

I think the girls are both starting to come out of the honeymoon phase. Many adoptive and foster kids have honeymoon phases where they act a lot better then normal. The meltdowns are getting more frequent and intense and we are beginning to see different sides to them.

I don't think I've said this yet on the blog but I love my job! It's seriously the hardest thing I've ever done...no kids to 2 toddlers overnight...but it's been such a joy and I'm so thankful the Lord has allowed us to do this.

2 comments:

Sundee said...

Awww, so sorry we missed you! It was our last day of swimming lessons. Hope to catch you next time...want to meet the girls!

Monica said...

Yes, lunch is on. But you need to email me b/c I don't want to post my email or phone number on the net. You are an amazing mom already!